Dr. Aceves completed both her medical degree and her PhD through the Medical Scientist Training Program at UC San Diego. She also completed her pediatric internship, residency and a fellowship in allergy and immunology at UC San Diego.
Dr. Aceves was named a Physician of Exceptional Excellence in the 2012 "San Diego's Top Doctors" survey from the San Diego County Medical Society and San Diego Magazine.
She was elected to the American Society for Clinical Investigation in 2013.
Children with eosinophilic esophagitis
Children with asthma, allergies and food allergies
Clinical Profile and Appointments
Clinic Practice Locations
Rady Children's Hospital:
- Aceves S.S. and Ackerman S.J. Relationships between eosinophilic inflammation, tissue remodeling, and fibrosis in eosinophilic esophagitis. Immunology Clin North America, in press. 2008. (Invited review)
- Aceves S.S. and Broide D.H. Airway fibrosis and angiogenesis due to eosinophil trafficking in chronic asthma. Curr. Mol. Med. 8(5):350-8. 2008. (Invited review)
- Aceves S.S., Furuta G.T., Spechler J.S. Integrated approach to treatment of children and adults with eosinophilic esophagitis, G.I. Endoscopy Clinics of North America. 18(1):185-217. 2008 (Invited review)
- Aceves SS, Chen D, Newbury RO, Mueller J, Hoffman H, Dohil RD, Bastian JF, Broide DH. Esophageal lamina propria remodeling in pediatric eosinophilic esophagitis: Response to corticosteroid therapy. Submitted manuscript. (Original research)
- Aceves SS, Bastian JF, Newbury RO, Dohil RD. Oral viscous budesonide:A potential new therapy for eosinophilic esophagitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 102:1-9. 2007. (Original research)
Additional Aceves Publications via PubMed