Dr. Zuraw received his BA (Biology) from Carleton College, Northfield, MN, in 1972. He received his MD from the Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL.
Dr. Zuraw is the Director of the US HAEA Angioedema Center at UC San Diego. Dr. Zuraw specializes in all types of non-histaminergic angioedemas.
- Allergic inflammation in humans with particular attention to hereditary angioedema
- The mechanism of action of glucocorticoids
Clinic Practice Location
UC San Diego Health - La Jolla
8899 University Center Lane
San Diego, CA 92122
Perlman Medical Offices - La Jolla
9350 Campus Point Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
- Bengtson, S.H., Eddleston, J., Morgelin, M., Zuraw* B.L., and Herwald*, H. (*shared senior authors). Regulation of Kinin B2 receptors by bradykinin in human lung cells. Biol. Chem., 389:1435-40, 2008.
- Zuraw, B.L. Clinical Practice: Hereditary Angioedema. New England Journal of Medicine, 359(10):1027-36, 2008.
- Zuraw, B.L. Commentary: A girl with severe hand swelling and abdominal cramps. Clin. Chem., 54(10):1737, 2008.
- Kiemer, A.K., Senaratne, R.L., Hoppstadter, J., Diesel, B., Riley, L.W., Tabeta, K., Beutler, B., and Zuraw, B.L. Suppressed activation of human macrophage TLR9 by DNA from virulent mycobacteria. J. Innate Immunity, 1:29-45, 2009.
- Sexton, D.J., Chen, T., Martik, D., Kuzmic, P., Kuang, G., Chen, J., Nixon, A.E., Zuraw, B.L., Forteza, R.M., Abraham, W.M., and Wood, C.R. Specific inhibition of tissue kallikrein 1 with a human monoclonal antibody reveals a potential role in airway diseases. Biochem J. 422(2):383-92, 2009.
More Zuraw Publications via PubMed